RULESBWMF CUP TOURNAMENTS REGULATIONS
- 7 players (6 + goalkeeper) in the water and 7 substitutes. They can be mixed (male and female) in the under 13 category and all male or female in the under 15 and under 17 categories, up to a maximum of 14 players in each match. The minimum recommended number of players is 11.
- Teams can be composed of more than 14 players, but only 14 can play in each match.
- If a team aligns two goalkeepers in a match, they must wear red caps with numbers 1 and 13, and they only will play as a goalkeepers during this match.
- If a team aligns 14 players and only has one goalkeeper in the match, he will have to wear red cap with number 1, and the remaining 13 will be field players.
- During the match it is not allowed the exchange of caps among players.
- Each team should bring the caps of home and away ones.
- Penalty area 5 meters (marked in yellow)
- Offside area 2 meters (marked in red)
- Goalpost dimensions: 3 meters x 0,90 meters
Under 15 and Under 17 male: number 5 – Under 15 and Under 17 female: number 4 women
Under 13: number 4 women
Duration of the game
- 2 periods of 17 minutes with a 2-minute interval between the periods
- Time is continuous, with the exception of the last minute if the difference between the two teams is one goal or less, with the aim to avoid intentional loss of time.
- Time clock will be stopped after each goal only during semi-finals (positions from 1 to 4) and finals for Gold and Bronze. Only in these matches coaches can request one timeout in the match.
- Ball possession will follow FINA rules
- The referee can stop the match in case of overwhelming force
In all the other cases FINA rules will be applied.
- 3 points in case of victory
- 1 point to each team for a draw
- 0 points for a defeat
In case of draw between two or more teams at the end of preliminary rounds, the following criteria to fix the results Will be applied :
- Team winner of the direct match or better classified in the direct matches league table
- Superior goal difference in the direct matches league table
- Higher number of goals scored in the direct matches league table
- Superior goal difference in the round
- Higher number of goals scored in the round
- Preliminary round:
- One referee per game;
- Two judges: one timekeeper and one secretary to maintain the chronology of the match;
- Quarter-finals (positions 1 to 8), semifinals (positions 1 to 4) and finals for Gold and Bronze:
- One main referee;
- Two judges: one general and 30″ timekeeper and one secretary to maintain the chronology of the match;
- Three additional referees (goals) to support the main referee in case of brutality or violent play.
- Gold match:
- Two referees;
- Three judges: one general timekeeper, one 30″ timekeeper, and one secretary to maintain the chronology of the match;
- Two goal judges;
- two timeout judges.
- Only the coach and two accreditate associates/managers are allowed to sit on the bench
- Only the coach can move from the bench, following the FINA rules.
- During the matches the coach and the associates/managers shall wear the pass provided by the organization
- Coaches and delegates:
- Yellow card to the coach: warning;
- Three yellow cards: exclusion from one match;
- Red card to the coach: two yellow cards for protests, warning, red card for lacking in respect, exclusion from one match
- Red card for exclusion foul with substitution either for protests or play in a violent manner, warning;
- Second red card for the same reason, exclusion from one match;
- Red card for exclusion foul with substitution for offense to the referee, exclusion from one match;
- Red card for brutality, penalti, 4 minutes with a player less, substitution after four minutes exclusion from one match;
- In case of injuries or lesions to an opponent, exclusion from the tournament.
We ask all the coaches to inform players about the consequencies of a bad behaviour. We want to enjoy a tournament spectacular from every point of view, a tournament in which fair play is the focus of the attention.
Every damage caused to the hotel facilities, to the bus or to the swimming pool or a particularly improper behaviour will cause disciplinary sanctions.